Friday, February 7, 2014

Long-Overdue Update:

I've been doing strength exercises at least once a week for the last 3 or 4 weeks now, mostly upper body since my legs are freakishly strong already; my objective is to increase muscle mass and my metabolism, for the following reasons: to be stronger, beefier, and most importantly, to lose a bunch of fat.

My first workout on this new initiative was good, but left me feeling very, very sore and left me with limited mobility in my arms for a couple days. Every subsequent workout has been at least as intense, but my recovery has been easier every time. Lately, it's only left me a little sore, with virtually no decrease in mobility for any length of time.

Eventually, I want to do about 4 workouts a week, two upper body, two lower body. I'll probably feather in some core-specific work and some cardio at some point, but that's currently not a big concern for me.  Give me a few weeks.

I'm trying hard to (a) build up a reliable good habit, and (b) keep it not too hard, so I can keep it up indefinitely, while gradually improving my performance.

Hopefully I'll have further updates in coming weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment