Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Exercise, Revisited
As of last week, I've gotten back on that horse. Yep, that's right, I'm exercising again.
It may or may not end up as ambitious as last time, but right now, I'm trying to be sure that I can stick with it.
The routine right now is push-ups Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and sit-ups on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I get Sundays off. I also squeeze in time on the elliptical, currently only 6 minutes at a time.
Last week, my objective was 30 reps a day, in whatever sets I like. Check. Done.
This week, the objective is 45 reps a day, again, whatever sets I like. I fully intend to do my reps in whatever sets feels right at the time. I'm hoping to continue increasing the number of reps, every Monday, by at least 15.
If my joints give me trouble (that's what stopped my routine last time), I have elbow and wrist braces to help lessen the strain. I'd really like to reach at least 500 reps a day.
We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment