Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Complications and Progress

Yesterday (July 4, 2011), I did 8 sets of 35 push-ups. I almost forgot that yesterday was Monday because I had the day off, and almost only did 7 sets. :)

Coming along nicely. Still challenging, as always, and still able to keep up (so far).

Challenges, present and future:
I've noticed a snag in my whole plan. These days, I do my sets in the late evening. This isn't normally an issue, except when I'm taken on an unplanned outing at that time. When that happens, I don't have time to do my sets early (because I'm not notified until it's too late to do them beforehand), and I have no time left to do them when I get back (because it's late and I'm very tired by then). I'm not sure how to deal with this; my body is best prepared for exercise in the evening, and frankly I don't wanna change my schedule. I like it. On the upside, missing a few sets here and there (no more than once a week) doesn't seem to harm my ability to keep up, but I like completeness (my OCD is showing there).

Anyhoo, there's a bigger issue on the horizon: starting on the week of August 15th, I'll be increasing the sizes of my sets every Monday. This is a change to the pattern of alternating it with increasing the number of sets. But I figure that 10 sets is a good number, and that too many more would make the exercise occupy too much of my time and provide diminishing returns.
My reasoning behind changing the routine at that point is that once I'm doing 10 sets of 50, my body should be muscled-up enough to be more quick to adapt to increased load. This theory isn't based on anything more than a feeling that I'm right (call it intuition if it turns out I am :). Hey, you gotta start somewhere.

Keepin' on...

No comments:

Post a Comment